Guide For Digital Submission
Submission Rules permit a maximum of 3 digital photos per category see Competition Rules
- Edit your original photo in your photo editing program as you normally would and save it at the maximum resolution your program will allow. How this is expressed within your photo editing program varies between the different programs members use.
- If you are saving as a Jpeg file, saving at 95% or better compression will help to reduce any artifacts in the photo.
- If you have closed the image file after editing your original reopen the image file in your editing program.
- Duplicate your original – using the menu function Image duplicate.
- You should now have 2 copies of the image on your screen.
- Close the original – this insures you do not alter your original when preparing the copy / duplicate image for submission.
- With the duplicate image ONLY on your screen under FILE select the SAVE AS function and name your duplicate image according to the following format : Member #_Category_ Title of Photo.jpg
- Using the IMAGE SIZE or IMAGE RE SIZE function within your photo editing program check to insure the Constrain Proportion box if any is active. The constrain proportions option insures the aspect ratio of your photo remains the same if and when you alter its size.
- Change the PIXELS on the longest side of your photo to 1024 pixels. The alternate side should be automatically adjusted to maintain the same aspect ratio as the original duplicate image.
- Check the Resolution or Dpi box and enter 72 if any other number than that exists.
- Under FILE click on the SAVE option.
- The resulting image file should be less than 500K.
- E-mail your prepared photos for submission as ATTACHMENTS to: email@example.com
- Alternately, copy your image file to a CD or Memory Card and bring them with you on a submissions night to the club meeting.